Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions by sending us an email. You have the right to object to certain uses of your personal data including the use of your personal data for direct marketing. See what your rights are and how you can exercise them here.
Our contact details:
Dorset Plane Pull
c/o: 6 The Breakwaters, 32-34 Southbourne Coast Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH6 4DA
What type of information we have:
The organisers of the Dorset Plane Pull currently collect and process the following information about you:
Name, Date of Birth, Email Address, Signature, Emergency Contact Name & Number
How we collect your information and why we have it:
All of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for the following reasons:
- To permit us to contact you with event updates, future fundraising events operated by us and other opportunities that you may be able to support us with.
- To collect and collate data regarding event attendance and demographics.
Under the General Date Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us by emailing: email@example.com.
- We have a legal obligation to obtain your information to ensure that we abide with airport security.
- We have a legitimate interest in providing non-identifiable data to our beneficiary charities and supporting businesses.
What we do with the information we have:
We use the information that you have given us in order to contact you by email with event updates, future fundraising events operated by us and other opportunities that you may be able to support us with.
In addition to this we collect non-identifiable data.
We will not share any personal information with any third party. We will however share non-identifiable data to beneficiary charities and supporting businesses for the purpose of further event development.
How we store your information:
Your information is securely stored on paper and electronic databases.
We keep your Name, Date of Birth, Email Address, Signature, Emergency Contact Name & Number for eight years from the date of attendance at one of our events. If you have not returned to one of our events or engaged with us via email after eight years we will dispose of your information by destroying your paper record and deleting your entry in our electronic database.
Your data protection rights:
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have 28 days* to respond to you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
*28 days starts on the day after we receive your request, even if that day is a weekend or public holiday.
How to complain:
We ask that any complaints you have are made directly in writing to our address found above. If you are still not satisfied with the complaint response of if you are unhappy with how we have used your data you may complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113